Friday 5 April 2013

Body in White

I'm known in my family for my impatience - to some its annoying to others its plain stupid, after what seemed like an eternity I did a tester patch thinning some 10%. Not seeing anything wrong with what i had just sprayed and being terminally bored with the weather i thought fuck it, man up, mask up and get the paint on. It went like clockwork, my now well rehearsed dropping of the vertical shroud went without a hitch too. After the last hit on the starboard bow I put the gun into soak closed the boat off and whacked the heaters on.
From start to finish it wasn't more than an hour of actual painting, the horizontal surfaces between the keels were a pain in the arse as i'm relying on gravity for the paint feed but other than that alls well. So now i know you can spray Penguard HB using a Sealey HVLP gun (2.5mm) and 10% thinners.

Electricity bills gonna be a shocker.

No comments:

Post a Comment