Sunday 18 June 2017

You're surrounded!


I now have the forepeak insulated and all the internal hatch surrounds made up ready to go, stopped myself before fitting them as they looked boring (white) so i bust out the silver carbon and now they look ace.


Have spent the weekend gunning 2k high gloss over them after going wet on tacky three times over with reactive resins epoxy.

Just realised i haven't actually posted since Mads Dahlke from Sail Life channel on Youtube got in touch to pick my brains about how i built the homebrew hot vac system. Turns out he's got a bit of a challenge as i had drying out the hull but wants to do it without bankrupting himself.

Have had a bit of back and forth over the costs of my kit i built some seven years ago on email and realised what a bargain i got from Hawco who made my silicone rubber mats, still I've got Mads up and running and he should take delivery of his mat in a couple of weeks time & he'll save a bundle over a yard doing the work. I'll post some more when time permits..................................................

cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment